We outline our environmental and sustainability principles thusly:
- To recognize environmental stewardship as among the highest corporate priorities and as a key determinant to responsible development; to establish programs and practices intended to ensure that operations are conducted in an environmentally sound manner and that applicable laws and regulations are followed.
- To educate, train and motivate employees to conduct their activities in an environmentally responsible manner and to communicate and reinforce accountability for environmental stewardship throughout Golden.
- To develop, design and operate facilities and conduct activities taking into consideration the efficient use of energy and materials, the sustained use of renewable resources, the minimization of adverse environmental impact and waste generation, and the safe and responsible management of waste.
- To work constructively toward participation in creating reasonable and cost-effective environmental laws, regulations and standards to safeguard the community, workplace and environment.
- To commit the necessary employee and management resources to support and implement these principles and to perform periodic evaluations to ensure that the environmental programs and practices established are consistent with them.